Both are critical when you’re planning your 2015 SEO strategy, as are many other things.
It’s also about this time that things just start slowing down, both on the agency side and in-house, which finally gives you some downtime to figuring out what you want to do next instead of fighting fire after fire like you do the other 11 months of the year. So as you start your 2015 SEO plan, keep these seven things in mind to make sure you start the year off strong.
Talk to Your Stakeholders
It should be a given: The people you report to, the people who have skin in the game, should be your first outlet. What do they want to accomplish in 2015? What weren’t they happy about in 2014?
Depending on your situation, this could be your client, your client’s boss, your boss, your boss’s boss, your project marketing manager, or a combination of any of the above. Talk to as many of them as possible so you have a clear idea of where the business is heading next year.
Key questions to ask:
- Do we have any new products or product lines being introduced?
- What trends are happening in the industry?
- What are the biggest sellers for each fiscal quarter?
- What do you see your competitors doing?
- Is there anything we’re not optimizing for that you’d like to?